by Amelia Wyckoff, LiveGirl Fellow
When you need some pick-me-up inspiration, try one of these girl-powered favorites!!
● The Marjory Stoneman Douglas students who are making history with the March For Our Lives.
● Virginia Woolf and Mrs. Dalloway, forever my favorite book.
● Beyonce’s Coachella performance - drop whatever you’re doing and stream it RIGHT NOW!
● “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” - Alice Walker
● “This Is Me” from the Greatest Showman - I’m addicted to this album, and the message is so empowering!
● Natalie Frank and Zoe Buckman, who are turning the degrading things politicians have said about women into Feminist art, and reclaiming the power in their narrative.
● Emily Blunt’s mind blowing performance in “A Quiet Place”
● Literally everything Rupi Kaur writes - follow her, you won’t regret it!
● Belting “How Far I’ll Go” in the shower - sorry guys, it will never get old.
● Maya Angelou’s “Still I Rise” poem
● Frida Kahlo - “Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?”
● Rowan Blanchard and Hari Nef’s friendship - check out their instagrams, it’s girl power overload
● Broadway star Cassie Levy, who is playing Elsa in Frozen! She sings Let it Go SO WELL!
● Listening to the Girl Power Anthems playlist on Spotify while I study for AP Exams